Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Do We Always Get What We Pay For??...........................

Happy New Year! You may or may not know that I've been natural for almost a year now. Dealing with my natural texture has def been a learning experience. The key to maintaining natural hair is moisture (& patience of course). So I'm constantly looking for the next best oil, conditioner, daily moisturizer etc. I've tried so many products in the last year and have been pleasantly surprised with the lower end products.


We tend to be a society that equates price with quality, which isn't always the case. I compared the three products below and the most expensive product actually gave me the least amount of results. I can safely say that I will never purchase it again.


Aussie's 3 Min Miracle $4-$5, Miss Jessie's Creme De La Creme $16.00 & VO5's Balancing Conditioner $.99




I co- wash my hair everyday when it's curly and shampoo & deep condition it once a week (yes I'm still a shampoo girl). Let's start off with Miss Jessie's Creme De La Creme......it smells great, other than that there's really nothing else to rave about. I picked it up during my weekly trip to my local beauty supply. Luckily they were having a half off sale because if I paid full price for this product I would have had a BF. I actually ended up using my 3 Minute Miracle after to restore some softness to my hair. I have no complaints about the 3 Minute Miracle. I absolutely love it. It gives my hair amazing slip. If I deep condition, I'll leave it on for about 20 mins and I can literally detangle with my fingers instead of a comb. Now onto the VO5 Balancing Conditioner......I must say out of the three products this conditioner is the best. You would think for $0.99 you shouldn't expect much from it. I remember seeing my Mom use VO5 as a little girl and I definitely understand why. Please keep in mind that these results are based on my hair texture and your results may vary. I just wanted to show you guys that you don't always have to spend tons of money to get the results you're looking for. If you've tried or plan to try any of these products let me know what you think! XOXO





2 comments:

  1. I use VO5 too lol. My hair dresser actually told me to use it for my weaves and I refuse to use anything else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it's great for weave too lol! Thanks for the comment : )

    ReplyDelete