Thursday, December 2, 2010

INTRODUCTION

Hello Ladies : )

This is my very first post and I'm hoping that it becomes a  helpful tool to you in the future. First let me introduce myself. I'm a young working mother of two from Brooklyn. I've been inspired by many things and many people through out the years . Every once in a while you have a life changing event that alters your perception of things, which is what led me to create oufancy. I'm sure you'll feel the exact same way I did afterwards...........

So I just recently decided to stop wearing weaves after four years. Yes, four years of taking the old weave out and replacing it with a new one the very same day. Needless to say, my hair became severely damaged. I decided to go to a local salon named Idalias on Washington Avenue. It's located in the Crown Heights area of Brooklyn (near the Brooklyn Museum for those of you who are familiar).

This salon is actually where I hear Ursula (Rihanna's hair dresser) got her break. As soon as you enter this place you get the feel of a Manhattan salon. It's trendy, very nicely decorated. The receptionist was quite friendly and the assistants were  professional and warm. I must say that the assistants actually do most of the work and I was  pleased with their hospitality. The stylist styles you (curl, straighten, cut etc). To make a long story very short, I was happy with the entire experience until it was time to pay.
So what I had done was
1) perm
2) rinse
3) cut
Total $172.00
*No your eyes aren't playing tricks on you. If you read $172.00 USD your eyes are just fine!!!!!!!!!!!
That experience ladies, is what led me to create this little ole blog!
My goal is to have you help me by helping everyone else. Email me  (yf.oufancy@gmail.com) with your hair salon/stylist dreams and/or nightmares (you can also post a comment). Hopefully you can save a soul! If you can recommend a salon/stylist PLEASE DO SO! Hopefully you can save a soul! It doesn't matter where you live, I'm sure there's someone near you that will appreciate it. I will post your emails (with your permission of course) and hopefully YOU CAN SAVE A SOUL LOL!
Thanks for your support!
PS Idalia's is a very professional salon but needless to say nothing about it is cheap!

2 comments:

  1. I was looking for someone to do Bria's hair. It won't be Idalia's. Do you know any Dominican's you'd recommend?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I am Your brothers friend.

    I used to go to this salon in West Hempstead...These ladies are great (Both Dominican) They used to be in queens but relocated...Nina and Frances...Nina on Color and Frances on Cuts...They both do perms...And their prices are great. I think they make up prices as they go since they rent the space. I have gotten full color Foiled highlights cut and blow out for $120...I give a $20 tip bc thats how happy I was. Their address is 160 Hempstead Turnpike, West Hempstead, NY ...For the life of me I cant remember the name of the salon...but the name Elite comes to mind....But I still can be wrong. They take walk ins but If you want a full process come early...They also stay late on Friday nights. I ALWAYS go early Saturday so Im out by noon. I only have Nina's personal # and she may kill me if I give it out....But walk in and see for yourself.

    Regretfully I havent been there in a while bc it just became too much to drive all the way out there...I found a spot that is OK...but dont feel comfy enough to suggest it (I am not too attached...YET)...so if anyone has a local spot (Suffolk County Area) let a girl know....and OF COURSE ...It has to be economical...Thanks...and GREAT BLOG!

    ReplyDelete