Monday, January 9, 2012

Chick Chat: "Don't You Know A Man Being Rich is like A Girl Being Pretty?"-Marilyn Monroe...............





My girlfriends and I often have the conversation about whether or not it's wrong to date a man for financial gain. I've never personally made that a factor in my life but some women do. The older I get my opinion has somewhat wavered on the issue. Physical attraction is important according to both sexes. Men however, don't have a problem with being involved with a woman if the attraction is solely physical. 

Women tend to look for more in a relationship mostly because we need for our emotional cravings to be satisfied. There are the women, labeled gold diggers who are able to abandon their feelings in exchange for gifts or money. So my question is....Is it more wrong for a woman to be interested in a man because of his finances than it is for a man to be interested in a woman because of her beauty? What do you think? XOXO

4 comments:

  1. Mom used to say it is just as easy to fall in love with a rich man as a poor man, but it is not for the average sister. We are just hoping the guy we meet has a job, let alone be rich. The women who actively seek out men of means must do exactly that, seek them out, go to the places where men of means are. He is usually not going to be the guy you meet in passing. So the question is, is it wrong? I don't think so, if I knew then what I know now I would be the woman in those places where men of means are. It is just as easy to fall for a rich man as a poor one you just have to put the effort in, to find them. Does that make you a gold digger, or just smart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a friend who is beautiful but she's succesful herself. She refuses to date a guy unless he makes at least what she makes or more. I don't think there is anything wrong with that. You have to know your worth these days. I wouldn't consider her a gold digger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think a woman should alwys have more to offer than just her beauty. At the same time there is nothing wrong with her feeling like she is worth being with a man who is doing well for hisself. It becomes a problem when she has nothing to bring to the table and is totally dependent on that man. It can be dangerous especially when there's no commitment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good points ladies! Thanks for the comments : )

    ReplyDelete