Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Chick Chat (Should we get married and if so when's the right time?)........................

First, let me just say this I'M NOT MARRIED so this is by far marriage counseling. Me and a friend of mine were talking about marriage yesterday and the reservations that people have. So it prompted me to ask myself "should I get married?". Men usually are afraid because getting married means their player's card is being revoked. Women on the other hand worry about things like disappointment and finances. For both sexes it's usually that "til death do us part" that scares us. Do you really see yourself spending the rest of your life with someone regardless of what that person does? Not enough people ask this question now a days because divorce is at an all time high. People don't stick it out like our parents used to anymore. Some say that women are so independent  that the NEED for a husband is no longer a priority. Unlike back in the day when the husband was the sole bread winner and women were afraid of leaving. It should be a lifetime commitment and if it's made, should be honored as such. My point is, if you do decide to get married be sure that it's really what you want. Get married for the right reasons. Not because you have kids or you've been with a person for years but because you can spend your life with this person til death do you part!

2 comments:

  1. TRUE! I've been married and to me its all about picking your battles. Sometimes as a woman you want to take the road of till death do us part. Forgiveness and moving on is possible even with the impossible but one hand does not clap. I think most marriages fail not at the initial offense but many times at the repeated offenses, many of which are same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Mz Tee
    Relationships are hard period so I can only imagine how hard marriage must be.

    ReplyDelete