Thursday, December 9, 2010

I've been thinking about going natural for a while now so I interviewed someone who did.......................

My cousin Madison has been natural for about four years now so I had a few questions for her

Oufancy: What made you decide to go natural?

Madison: I decided to go natural because I was getting tired of the routine perm, wash and set. I also love to travel and I hated not being able to do certain activities just not to get my hair wet.

LOL that's me

Oufancy: Did you have any hesitations in the beginning stages?

Madison: At first I did. When I was growing my perm out it was hard for me to cut my permed ends. I was always used to having long luxurious hair. I just didn't want to get rid of it.

Oufancy: Although I've been thinking about it, I'm kind of hesitant because I like to change styles so often. What would you tell someone like me who has a fear of being stuck with one look?

Madison: I would suggest playing with textures. You can get a two strand twist which can always be taken out as opposed to dreads. Actually, when you take them out, you're left with this nice soft curl. Also, being natural doesn't mean you can't wear your hair straight. If you get a good blow dry, it will look just like a perm. Ms Jessie's buttercreme is a good product to help manage it.

Oufancy: Would you recommend going natural?

Madison: Yes I encourage all women to experience their hair's natural state. Of course to each his own, but your hair is healthier and will grow extremely fast when it's natural. It's a beautiful feeling!

Oufancy: Thanks so much Maddie, I'm still debating but you made it easier.

2 comments:

  1. Picture of your cousin's natural hair would have been nice.I like the interview though.Been thinking about it too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Lebo

    LOL I asked her but she didn't want me to put her pic up. I think I'll be natural by next year. Go ahead girl what's the worst that can happen

    ReplyDelete